您现在的位置:首页 >> 办事指南 >> 海外学生 >> 外国留学生 >> 新生指南
行前准备 Pre-departure


Ⅰ.申请来华签证 Visa Application



You may apply for student Visa at the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in your home country. When applying for student visa, please remember to bring along with you your valid passport, the original copy of the university’s Admission Notice, the Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China (also known as the JW201/JW202 form) and the original copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.



Do make sure that your Admission Notice and JW201/JW202 form are handed back to you together with your passport after obtaining your Chinese visa. You will need these documents to apply for your Residence Permit after your arrival at the university.



International Students who will be studying in China for more than 6 months are required to obtain a ‘X1’ Visa. The ’X1’ Visa will only be valid for 30 days after your arrival in China. You must apply for a Residence Permit within these 30 days in order to obtain a legal status in China at local Public Security Bureau. You are discouraged from arriving in China ahead of time due to the short time limit of your visa. Furthermore, you are not eligible to apply for a Residence Permit until you are a registered student of the university.



For information regarding the location and the contacts of the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in your country, please visit the following website of the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs: http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/eng/gjhdq/



Ⅱ.银行信息及费用 Finance



Cards issued by many international finance systems can be used on ATMs in China. The most widely acceptable ones are VISA and MasterCard. Therefore, we suggest you to take a card issued by VISA or MasterCard to China to pay for your tuition fees, living expenses, etc.. You can set up a bank account in Bank of China near the campus after you have arrived, which will be more convenient.



We also suggest you to change some money into RMB cash before leaving, to prepare some “on-hand” cash to cover the expenses needed for transportation, meals...etc.. Only for the daily cost for the first days, several hundreds of RMB is reasonable. Carrying a large number of cash is also a hidden risk to your safety.



Ⅲ.收拾行李 Pack for Your Trip










Do make sure that you keep at least 2 photocopies of your important documents. Below is the checklist of important documents that you must carry with you to China:

1) Valid passport and visa;

2) Admission Notice from USTC;

3) Visa Application form for Study in China (also known as the JW201/JW202 form);

4) Physical Examination Form, blood test reports and all the related reports (if available);

5) Highest diploma and transcripts (notarized English translation is needed if the original copy is in the language other than English or Chinese);

6) Passport size photos (at least 10 copies);



You may also consider bringing these documents with you if you deem them necessary: medical prescriptions and personal bank statement (better translated into Chinese)



We suggest you to pack only the essentials and also to pack as lightly as possible. Keep in mind that most things, ranging from stationeries and household items to computers, can be purchased in China. We recommend that you purchase your daily necessities (such as paper folders, cooking utensils, mirrors…etc) in China after you have settled in, as you will then have a better idea of what you actually need.



If possible, do consider packing with you a towel and a set of sheets from home. You might need them to “settle-down” with on the day you arrive. We also suggest you to bring along the things that will make you feel at home, such as photos and cultural items from your country. These momentos from home may help make you feel comfortable even away from home in China and also in minimizing cultural shocks as well as homesickness.



Here are some recommended interactive websites that can help you with preparing your packing list:





Ⅳ.行程安排 Arrange Your Trip



You need go to register at the university within the period specified in the Admission Notice. If you are not able to register on time for reasonable explanations, please inform the International Affairs Office of USTC in advance. If you fail to register within the time limit without the permission of USTC, you will be regarded as giving up the admission.



We suggest you arrive at the working time (Monday – Friday, 8:00-12:00 and 14:00-18:00) for registration and accommodation. If out of special reasons you need come to China earlier than the registration day or you really cannot ensure to arrive at our working time, you may need settle down in a hotel around the campus and register later at working time.



So far Hefei Airport has few international flight routes, so if need, we suggest you to fly to Beijing Capital International Airport and then take flight to Hefei which takes about 2 hours.



If you need take for the first year the Chinese language program or foundation courses at the assigned university specified on the Admission Notice, please go to register at the assigned university directly.



Please send an email to judyshen@ustc.edu.cn about your flight schedule after you decide it, so that we can prepare for the reception. If you have any inquiries about getting to the university, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are glad to be of any help.

中国科学技术大学国际合作与交流部暨港澳台事务办公室 版权所有
地址:安徽合肥市金寨路96号 邮编:230026  联系我们